Associate Manufacturing Engineer / Product & Planning in Papendrecht
Associate Manufacturing Engineer / Product & Planning
Date: 13 Jan 2024
Location: Papendrecht, NL
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world"s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
What we do at GKN Fokker Elmo
At GKN Fokker ELMO, we make wiring harnesses for aircraft, which connect all the electrical systems in an aircraft. To make the wiring harnesses, we have everything in-house from start to finish. From complete engineering to our final product, the ready-to-use wiring harnesses, we do this for well-known aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus, and Lockheed-Martin for both civil and military aircraft. We produce these wiring harnesses worldwide at several sites. In Papendrecht / Hoogerheide we have approximately 800 employees. This is what GKN Fokker ELMO is all about: quality and therefore airworthiness.
The vacancy Associate Manufacturing Engineer
To complement our Boeing Commercial Aircraft program, we have an opportunity for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer. You will be working in a team of Manufacturing Engineers, Principal Manufacturing Engineers, Configuration Managers and Quality Engineers. In your role you will support the department in the daily conversion of supplied design information into work instructions, and associated matrix lists for the production of wiring harnesses for Boeing.
Most of the wiring harnesses we work on are produced at our overseas facilities located in Turkey, China and India. Therefore, you have daily contact with your fellow Manufacturing Engineers at these locations. A smaller part of the wiring harnesses is produced in the Netherlands, in Hoogerheide and Papendrecht.
Alongside the above you'll be responsible for
• Creating work package parts and instructions.
• Entering, and registering changes in the product instructions.
• Supplying the necessary logistical material overviews in our ERP/ Baan system.
• Supporting production in the foreign branches.
• Making improvement proposals regarding the production process, methods and techniques.
• Determining the necessary materials and tools for production
What do you bring to be successful?
• Minimum Secondary Vocational Education and Training in the direction of engineering or electrical engineering, or equivalent.
• 0-2 years' experience in complex technical work environment.
• Good command of the English language, speaking and writing, Dutch is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Thinks in solutions, contributes solutions, and assists in applying those solutions where necessary.
• Possesses good communication skills.
• Above all we are looking for people who want to start a conversation with us, to see if there's a match between you and us. Maybe we can make a match with different educations and trainings.
What we offer you
Once you're on board you'll get the following perks and benefits:
• Holiday Allowance - 8%
• 27 days holiday + 13 ADV
• Commuting Allowance
• Applicable Conditions; CLA Metalekro and Fokker Handbook
• Pension - Fully meeting the provisions of the PME pension fund of the metal industry
• An opportunity to earn profit dependent bonus
• Voluntary Health Insurance
• Voluntary Other Insurances
To make your start as successful as possible, we will provide you with an extensive training program.
The content and duration of this depends on the role and experience you bring and will take place at our location in Hoogerheide.
After this familiarisation period, during which you will get to know the processes within GKN Fokker Elmo extensively, you will start work in Papendrecht in collaboration with colleagues!
Questions or Apply directly?
Please apply online by sending us your CV and motivation letter. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. For additional questions you can contact: , - .
Deel de vacature:
Leuk dat je een van de recent geplaatste vacatures hebt geopend via de hendrik-ido-ambachtkrant. Hopelijk vind je een baan die bij je past en waar je gelukkig van wordt!
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met GKN Aerospace via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.
Deel de vacature:
Leuk dat je een van de recent geplaatste vacatures hebt geopend via de ridderkerkkrant. Hopelijk vind je een baan die bij je past en waar je gelukkig van wordt!